"My Library" Account & PIN Management
Managing Your Library Account Online
- To log in to your Library Account, select the My Account button at the top of this page.
- Enter your name, Library Card number (see back of card) and 4-digit PIN in the appropriate boxes.
- Once you are in your account, you can manage it including:
- Renewing your items
- Making and managing your requests
- Changing your account information
- Paying your Library fines
More information about your Library Account is in What You Can Do With Your Account!
Important SJSU Note on My Account for Access to Library Databases:
- If you are an SJSU student, faculty or staff, you have the option of establishing your Library Account before you pick up your Library Card. The reason for this is to provide you home access to the Library's research databases.
- From the My Account login screen, enter your name, 9-digit SJSU ID (The "w" is the equivalent to 00) and desired 4-digit Library PIN. You will then be asked to enter your new PIN twice.
- SJSU students have student library privileges and remote access to SJSU databases as long as they are enrolled in classes. If not currently enrolled student library cards will expire.
- Non-enrolled students can change to San Jose Public Library user status at any SJPL library.
Your Library PIN
The Library assigns you a 4-digit numeric PIN (Personal Identification Number) when you first get a new Library Card.
Changing the PIN Yourself:
If you know your current Library PIN, you may change it anytime by logging in to your Library Account and selecting Modify your PIN (see links in center of screen).
If You Forget Your PIN:
You can Reset Your PIN automatically. An email will be sent to the email address in your library record, including a link that will allow you to select a new PIN.
Along with your Library Card number, your Library PIN is key to many Library services:
- Managing your Library Account
- Renewing your items via the Telephone Renewal System at 1-408-808-2665
- Accessing the Library's databases
- Requesting books and other items in the Library Catalog
- Requesting books in Link+
- Using the Library's Self-Checkout machines
- Reserving a Library Computer and later logging in to that computer
- Reserving a Library Study Room