Get a Library Card
Library card for SJSU Students
SJSU students should NOT fill out an online library card application
If you are a registered SJSU student, your patron information will automatically be entered into the library database when you have enrolled. This will give you access outside the King Library to the SJSU databases and eBooks. In order to have this access you will need to know your SJSU ID and assign yourself a library PIN.
In order to borrow books, have remote access to SJPL databases, and be able to check out Overdrive eBooks, you will have to get a San Jose Library Card. Please bring your SJSU Tower Card to the King Circulation Desk to receive your library card.
Library card for SJSU SAL Students
SJSU SAL students have the same borrow privileges as SJSU undergraduate students.
> Apply for a Library Card Online
Library card for SJSU Distance Learners
- Select the My Account link here or at the top of any page on our website.
- Enter your name in the first box and the your 9 digit SJSU ID in the second box. (The "w" is the equivalent to 00)
- If you have a library PIN, enter it in the third box. If you don't have one, you can create it online by entering the PIN into this box. You will be asked to enter your new PIN twice. Your PIN should be a 4-digit number. Simple PINs such as 1111 or 1234 will be rejected by the system.
- Nearly all SJSU databases can be accessed now with your name, SJSU ID and PIN. A few databases require a special username and password. These databases have the "get password" prompt next to them on the website. To gain access to these databases, click on the "get password" link, enter your name, SJSU ID and PIN, and find the appropriate database to get the special username and password.
- With your SJSU ID and library PIN, you are now equipped to manage your library account online and access our online databases!
Library card for SJSU Faculty & Staff
If you are a current SJSU faculty member or staff employee, please bring your SJSU Faculty/Staff Tower Card to the King Library to be issued your library card.
Library card for SJSU Visting Scholar
SJSU visiting scholars must be sponsored or affiliated with a SJSU Department on campus. Library cards are issued only at King Library Circulation Desk. A signed letter on SJSU department letterhead stating the patron's name, their association as a visiting scholar with SJSU and the expiration date of borrowing privileges is required.